The Chamber's Award of Distinction honours a businessperson still active in business who, over a number of years, has made a noteworthy contribution to the Greater Victoria community. This award is in recognition of the positive influence the honouree has had on the economy, business, and the overall community, signifying the achievement, resourcefulness, and determination they have shown.
Specific criteria that must be addressed by the award applications are:
- Demonstration of business leadership and vision.
- Demonstration of a sustained and significant commitment to the prosperity of Greater Victoria.
- Evidence of serving as a positive role model for other businesses leaders.
- Association with the Chamber throughout their career.
- Other noteworthy contributions and accomplishments. (Refers to professional or community awards and acknowledgments, benevolent and community involvement, participation on boards or committees, etc.)
|Nominees' business experience and accomplishments||18.0%|
|Nominee's demonstration of business leadership and vision||18.0%|
|Nominee's demonstration of sustained and significant commitment to the prosperity of Greater Victoria||18.0%|
|Nominee's demonstration of serving as a positive role model||18.0%|
|Nominee's demonstration of engagement in The Chamber||18.0%|
|Other noteworthy contributions and accomplishments||10.0%|