The Emerging Business Person of the Year Award honours a business owner or founder 39 years or under, who has excelled in business; exemplifies outstanding leadership and/or entrepreneurial skills in their field; and demonstrates exceptional vision that contributes to business success.
- Nominee must have an active business located or operating in the Greater Victoria Region
- Nominee must be the business owner or founder of their company
- Nominee must be 39 years of age or younger in the award year
- Nominee does not have to be a member to be nominated, but must be a member to move on in judging
- Staff, immediate family and current Board members of The Chamber are not eligible to be nominated for this award
Two finalists will be announced after the judging period and invited to attend the 2023 Business Awards on 6:00pm, May 4, 2023 at where the winner will be announced.
The two finalists will be contacted and filmed for a short video featuring their business that will be presented at the 2023 Business Awards. Ideally the video should feature/highlight the person who will potentially be accepting the award at the 2023 Business Awards.
|Demonstrates business excellence||22.5%|
|Exemplifies business leadership and/or entrepreneurial skills||22.5%|
|Has exceptional vision that has contributed to business success||22.5%|
|Demonstrated commitment to social responsibility||22.5%|
|Other noteworthy contributions and accomplishments||10.0%|