Think about the following when completing your award application:
- Be specific – directly address the award judging criteria when completing each section of your application
- Use examples to show how you or your business exemplifies the award criteria and how you stand out in this award category
- Letters of support are mandatory for most award categories. We suggest you request these letters as soon as you start your application to give your contacts time to complete them before the deadline. Your letters of support should be from strong third-party validators who can directly speak to the ways in which you meet or exceed the criteria for the award you are submitting an application for.
- Submit a separate award application for each award category you are nominated for. The applications need to be tailored to the specific award judging criteria
- Do not submit more than 2 award applications. If nominated for more than 2 categories, choose to submit applications for the two categories you are strongest in.
- When in doubt about what details to include, remember that when faced with applications that equally satisfy the judging criteria, judges will ask, “Why should this business win an award this year?”. Include what makes you stand out.
Filling Out Your Application:
The award application requires completion of the following items by the deadline. We suggest setting an award application deadline for yourself of a maximum of 60 days after receiving your nomination notification or by the entry deadline of 11:59pm, February 1, 2024, whichever is sooner.
You will need to provide the following information on the online application form. All information is kept confidential and is only shared with the award judging panel.
- General Business Information - These fields provide us with general information about your business so we can determine eligibility for an award and highlight your involvement with the Business Awards through social media.
- Business Profile - This profile will be used to provide judges with an overview of your business, highlighting the tie-in to the award you are nominated for. It should be written in the third person and reinforce why your business deserves to win this award by providing details about what makes your business, product, process and/or people unique. If selected as an Award Finalist this description will be used in the award program and event marketing so it should demonstrate some promotional flair.
- Award Criteria - Address each criteria specifically to indicate how you / your business meet the criteria for the award, which you have been nominated for. Each award has different criteria, which are outlined in the application form and outlined on the award categories page.
- Letters of Support/Testimonials - All nominees, with the exception of the Outstanding Customer Service Award, must submit 1-3 letters in direct support of their award application. Outstanding Customer Service nominees must provide 10 testimonials from customers, these can be letters/emails sent directly to the company and/or online reviews.
- Business Logo - This logo will be used to announce and promote the Finalists for each award category. Please ensure you upload a high resolution eps or pdf file of your logo for the best quality in future promotional pieces.
We recommend saving your work as you go. You do not have to complete the application in one sitting and can make changes up until 11:59pm, February 1, 2024.